Apple Cake Easy Recipe


   The apple cake or apple pie is one of the most versatile cakes out there; this is because it's easily adaptable. It can be baked as that something sweet we all need on a Sunday afternoon, as well as the perfect cake during Holidays. I am sure you all have an apple cake recipe from your mother or grandmother that has been passed down from generation to generation. So, today I will present to you my homemade apple cake easy recipe that has been passed down through generations in my family. 



    The ingredients you will need are the following:
- 500 gr flour
- 250 gr soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 spoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- the peel from 1 lemon
- 20 gr yeast
- 150 ml milk

   For the apple layer you will need:
- 1.5 kg fresh apples
- 4 spoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon


   This recipe will need kneading. But don't worry, because it's not that heard, and you can do it in no time.
   For this recipe, I chose to make the dough using a big bowl, as you can see in the picture above.



   First, put the flour and the soft butter in the bowl. If you forgot the take out the butter from the fridge before making this recipe, make sure you check out my easy tips on how to soften butter. Mingle it a little, this point you can use a wooden spoon if this is more comfortable for you. 
   Add the eggs, sugar, salt, the lemon peel and the yeast with the milk. You should prepare ahead the yeast. If you are not familiar with this concept, please read my tips on how to prepare and work with yeast .  
   And now it's kneading time. Make sure you knead well the dought. You know it's done when the dough is smooth, and it pulls away from the bowl's sides. 
   Cover the dough using a clean hand towel, and let it rise for about 30 minutes. This will give you the time to prepare the apples.
  Peel the apples and then grate them. Add the sugar, and the cinnamon. Using a wooden spoon, make sure you mingle well everything. You will see that after mixing the grated apples with the sugar, there will be some juice on the composition. This juice should not make it into the apple cake. You can squeeze the apples with your clean hands, or you can use a sieve. 



  At this point, your dough should be ready. I prepared a large cake tin: poured a little bit of oil, and then some flour to keep the cake from sticking to the tin. You can also use non-stick spray. 



   Split the dough into almost two equal parts. I say almost because the bottom layer should be a little bit bigger than the upper one. Roll out the bigger piece of dough using a rolling pin. Put the first layer of dough into the tin. 


Add the apple composition, and make sure you even it out as much as you can. 



   

   Then, add the second layer of dough. 
   Before putting the apple cake into the oven, use a fork to make some little holes, just an in the picture above. You can sprinkle some sugar on the top if you want. 


   Bake the cake at medium temperature for about 30 minutes. Don't forget to make the toothpick test, to make sure it's perfectly done. 

    Just writing this post, and I feel that delicious smell coming from the oven. This is one of my family's favorite recipe. It's done easily, quickly, and it's super delicious. As we don't really eat fresh apples, this is the best way to use them.
   

   Quick tip about the apples: the original recipe only required 1 kg of apples. But we love the cake if it has more apples, so I changed the recipe a little bit. You can first try the recipe as you want. If you love apples, you should definitely use 1.5kg 😊



   What about you? Are you a big fan of apple cake, or apple pies? Do you have a recipe that's been passed through generations? Let me know in the comment, and don't forget to share/pin.
Happy Baking everyone!



78 comments :

  1. This looks incredible! I just love apple desserts, so I'll have to make this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I love the layer of apple in this recipe, looks friggin' amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love apple cake and like experimenting with different recipes. This looks really good and I will be trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apples are one of my favorite fruits to bake with! And this sounds so easy and so good! Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great recipe for all the fall apples that are in the store. It sounds like a pie and cake all in one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apple pie would be so great for breakfast and I'm loving it. The presence of cinnamon and apples in the ingredients makes it yummier for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only thing missing is some icecream! I didn’t know apple cake and pie are the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. This is a regular in our rotation. I usually increase the apples though...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love apple and cinnamon treats! This looks easy and yummy! Will have to adjust for food allergies, but looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks really great. I like that you did real life photos, too- not those crazy staged "Martha Stewart" nonsense with like, glitter and leaves and whatnot. Like we aren't under enough pressure, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love apple pie at this time of the year. It tastes so much better when the pie is warm and the weather is cold :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never had apple cake before. It sounds yummy. I love apple strudel, that's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so awesome and easy ! Have to try it out

    ReplyDelete
  14. Last week I show my Mom about your blog, and she loves it! This new recipe would be a delight for her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This yummy Apple Cake looks delicious and easy to made can't wait to make that for my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so delicious and easy to make. Will add this to my Christmas cakes list

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can see why it has been passed down from generation to generation and your family. I like the burst of lemon in it. It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Apple cake looks delicious I would like to make it as for me fall mean pumpkin and apple baking.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven’t had apple cake since I was a little girl. I will certainly try this recipe out ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love apple recipes around this season. I would love to make this apple cake recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this I can do. I love cakes with apples in them. So I would like to try making it this weekend. Thankfully, we have a lot of apples around here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Apples to me are one of the things I love about Fall. This is a wonderful apple recipe, and will be a great dessert for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yumm this sounds so good!! I'm not a pie person because of the crust, but this is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I make an apple pie every year for Thanksgiving and am always game to try a new recipe. This one looks so delicious and nice change from a traditional pie.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love apple flavored everything! I definitely eat more apple pie than apple cake. This recipe makes me want to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for passing on your special family recipe. That is actually one recipe that none of my family passed on. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cookies are great holiday giveaways because everyone can share it. I like this recipe and would share to my Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i really love cookies!! and with an apple flavor with it would be heavenly!!! would love to try this recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fa-bilious! Its really easy to prepare and sooooo.... delicious. Thanks for sharing such a interesting recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yum! I absolutely love apple cake - and an easy one? Doesn't get better than that! Sounds so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  31. To be honest, I am big fan of apple cake?pie. The only thing I want is to bake for myself and guests whenever they come.Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG this looks so so yummy. I remember my nan making this when we were kids. Im looking forward to giving this a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. This Apple Cake looks absolutely delicious! I love a good simple recipe and Will have to make this with my daughter very soon

    ReplyDelete
  34. im a big fan of apples and having them in various ways just makes it more exciting! I like this one as it is fast and practical! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This would be so much easier to make than an apple pie. My husband would love this for dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This apple cake looks so yummy! I will have to take this recipe and put it to the test! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yummy cakes! Love that you used apples and that are portable too. I need to try yoru recipe soon =)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love this. You know apple cake is one of my favourites! Will try this!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This looks so yummy and easy to make. My son loves apple pie and apple crumble, maybe I can make some this week

    ReplyDelete
  40. If it's easy, I'm definitely going to try it! Who doesn't love cake? I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  41. very simple yet my favorite! When I say I want something sweet but I don't know what and start circling around kitchen my husband knows I want this cake but am shy to ask

    ReplyDelete
  42. I really love this recipe you got here. It is pretty simple to make and I am sure everyone will love it. This is completely mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love any sort of apple dessert. I have never had this particular one before but it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love anything with apples. Your recipe sounds delicious. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Yes, I`m a fan of apple cakes and apple pies. I actually have perfected my apple pie. Apples are great for baking and they taste so delicious. I can`t wait to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is such an easy recipe. Will try for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I would totally try and make this but I'm trying to not eat as much sugar and dairy as it hasn't been good to my skin! But these bars look so tasty. xo, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  48. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh yes please, looks so good! Apples are one of my favorite fruits to bake with.

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is so different than any apple pie I've ever had. I guess that's why you call it a cake! Grating the apples is something I haven't tried, but it looks like it gives the cake a great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I will try these recipes at home.
    Look very tempting, and that much more appealing and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  52. This looks delicious. I cannot wait to make it with my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love your step-by-step instruction accompanied by pictures! I would not have had a good idea what the apples should look like without the photo. Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  54. This apple cakes does look like an easy recipe. And my family sure does like sweets, I will give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  55. To be honest, I DON'T have a standard apple cake recipe! So the next time I want to try making something like this, I now know where to look - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. This is great, as I always have left over apples and not sure what to do with them. Thanks for this xx

    ReplyDelete
  57. a lovely recipe sharing here, I really enjoy reading it & wish I can make it myself personally. cheers, siennylovesdrawing

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love the sounds EASY! I will always prepare snack for my kids and this recipe it would be perfect! Thanks for sharing this to us!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love Apple Cake and found a recipe online that I love and make sometimes. This one looks great too.
    Elizabeth O

    ReplyDelete

  60. Give me a cake for me and I'll be happy! That's why I love trying all the recipes I find!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Looks gorgeous. Apple pie is a staple in my mum's home, especially this time of the year when you can add lots of cloves and cinnamon to make it Chritmas-y.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I grew up with this apple pie. My grandma used to make it every time she would come to visit. It's such a good pie!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I have a passion for baking and I like trying new recipes. I will definitely try out this apple cake recipe. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I love Apples in cake and pie, well pretty much anything. I will have to give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  65. This looks so good! Now I want apple cake :'( lol

    This is perfect for Thanksgiving Day! I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Apple cake is one of my all-time favorites! But I have never tried it with grated apples before. I am excited to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Stop it, that looks so yummy! Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I never knew how my mom doing this but she was doing it for almost a week as breakfast meal. hank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love this idea and I love apples. This would be perfect for Thanksgiving Dinner

    ReplyDelete
  70. This looks so yummy, I've never seen an apple cake before. I've Baked a pineapple cake before.

    ReplyDelete
  71. My son loves apple pie and apple crumble but I have never heard of apple cake. It does look really easy to make and it is time for us to make a desert together again.

    ReplyDelete
  72. I LOVE apple cake and pie. This time of year is perfect for baking so I go a bit overboard! THis recipe is good!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Looks so delicious! haven't had an apple cake for ages, definitely need a fix

    ReplyDelete
  74. I love making food, so I might have to make this for my coworkers. I love apples and they like anything sweet. Thanks for the new recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  75. I love apple cake. It is one of my favorite fall treats. My mom used to make an apple cake every year and I still do the same to keep up with the tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  76. I love the sound of this apple cake recipe. I will try it one of these days. It sounds like a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  77. This looks tasty! My whole family will eat anything with apples in it! I will have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  78. This would certainly be a perfect replacement for the apple pie this festive season. I love the look and the preparation.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is a true delight for me, so please don`t be shy.