How to prepare and work with yeast


   Yeast is used in cakes to make them soft and fluffy and also to expand them. Although some people say that you can use yeast or baking powder for any cakes you want, it`s not true. You need to follow what the recipe says. 





     First of all, you have to know how to store the yeast. You should put the yeast in a cold, dry space. If you have a bigger piece and you don`t use it all, just put the remaining yeast in the fridge.You always have to be careful with the expiration date and how you store the yeast. It can easily and quickly alter. It is also important to keep the yeast away from humidity. Humidity can activate the yeast and then it will lose its effects.

   How to use the yeast
  As I said, yeast can be used only for some kind of cakes or
cookies. You have to combine yeast with warm water or milk and sugar. 
I will give you an example based on amounts. For 25 gr yeast, you have to use 150 ml warm water/milk and 2 spoons sugar. Just let it rest there for about 10 minutes, or until yeast bubbles. For a bigger amount, you just add more water (or milk) and a little more sugar.


You can find lots of brands producing yeast, but you can choose the one you like. I have tried almost all of the brands, and they each do their job. 


Don`t forget to share or pin you liked it :)




Linking up with these great parties.




26 comments :

  1. Very creative and informative post for Y ~ xoxo

    artmusedog and carol ( A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post and tip. I'm not the greatest when working with yeast and hope this will help the next time I give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love breads made with yeast - quick breads are good also, but don't have that earthy smell and taste...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I just love that smell of fresh bread :x

      Delete
  4. Wow, great tips and creative as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when I was young, we used to stick the yeast in the cupboard, and sometimes in the fridge. But I've never been much of a cook! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last time I tried baking bread it didn't rise right. We have a lot of humidity here and perhaps I needed fresh yeast. I need to try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It`s possible that you haven`t stored the yeast properly. I think you should give it another try :)

      Delete
  7. I like rapid rise yeast because I can make bread faster if I wish. Recently I made some bread with the rapid rise variety and let the dough rise several times. The bread was so soft and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was very helpful information. I stopped trying to bake items using yeast because it never worked out. Now I know why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra. The key is to not give up :)

      Delete
  9. That is a very informative article on yeast. Yeast is a common ingredients in many breads, knowing how to use them is important. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I didn't know that, which is probably why my cakes always flop ;-) Thanks a mil Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the informative post. Pinning. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  12. Yeast is so useful but it can be tricky to use. Thank you so much for sharing these great tips with us at Hearth and Soul, Cris!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the tips. Usually I just go for baking powder or those dry yeast packages because I think the alternative is just too much trouble. You make it sound simple, though, so I'll try it next time I bake something. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa. It`s worth to try it :)

      Delete
  14. Very useful post and thanks for pinning my recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very informative! Thank you for sharing at Ravenwould.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is a true delight for me, so please don`t be shy.