Gluten Free Waffles


   These gluten free waffles can be your perfect breakfast. In the same time, they can be your perfect snack or brunch. They can be whatever you want them to be. I recently found out that a member of my family is gluten intolerant so you will be seeing more gluten free recipes from me. For those who don't have a problem with gluten, these waffles can also be made with white flour, without changing the taste. I know, because I've tried!


   First of all, I have to begin by saying that celiac disease is not a joke. So, if you are planning to surprise a family member or a friend, please make sure that you take all the precautions needed to avoid cross contamination. I, for example, used new kitchen tools (including the waffle maker) and made sure that all the ingredients are gluten free.



   For these delicious gluten free waffles, you need the following ingredients:

  • 500 ml milk
  • 300 gr gluten free flour
  • 100 gr melted butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 spoons sugar
  • 10 gr baking powder
  • a pinch of salt.
   It's the first time that I use gluten free flour in baking, and I choose Wholemeal Gluten Free Flour by Doves Farm. I definitely didn't regret my choice. The flour was easy to work with, had a reasonable price and it didn't change the waffles taste at all! (compared with the waffles made with white flour).  If you want to try out this gluten free flour, I have a great deal for you from Amazon:

   Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder. Melt the butter in the microwave, and then let it cool. Add the cooled butter and the egg yolks to the dry ingredients, and mingle everything gently. Gradually pour the milk while mingling, until you finished all the milk.



   Separately, in another bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt, until you have a firm composition. 
   I always say that it's best if you have multiple bowls in the kitchen. If you want a list of kitchen tools every baker needs, I have the perfect list for you: right here.
   Add the beaten egg whites in the batter. Mingle gently well until you incorporate everything. It's important to take your time and go slowly here. If you rush it, you might alter the batter, and the waffles will not be as fluffy as they should be.



   Now that the batter is done, preheat your waffle maker. Using a pastry brush, grease it with some oil. Use a ladle to put the batter in the waffle maker. I usually keep them 3-4 minutes, until they're golden brown. From this recipe, you will get around 14 waffles.
   These gluten free waffles are so easy to make and I love the fact that they have easy ingredients which I usually have in the house. After making this batch, I also tried the recipe with regular white flour. And it works perfectly, without changing the recipe at all. 

   Every time I make waffles, I try out something different with them. This time, first I took care of my sweet tooth and ate one waffle with strawberry jam. Then, I made a waffles sandwich. I used some cheese spread and some ham. It was so delicious and so perfect for a quick breakfast! You can make them with your favorite ingredients.



   Although I was nervous about using gluten free flour, I can truly say that this recipe was a hit! Everyone loved these waffles, and I managed to surprise my family. Would you give this a try?
   Who would you surprise with some delicious homemade gluten free waffles? Let me know in the comments, and don't forget to share the recipe!
Happy Baking!
   

   

25 comments :

  1. These will be perfect for breakfast! We aren't gluten free, but I'd still try this recipe and see how we like it!

    ReplyDelete

  2. So they can eat them all, enjoy them all and no one is excluded!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our home has been gluten free for 5+ years now. For those of us that can eat gluten, we just eat it outside of the house and don't bring any home. And recipes and techniques are getting better by the day! Food options are so much better. These waffles look amazing. I will be trying them the next time I cook breakfast, probably this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cross contamination is always something to think about when cooking for people with celiac. I have a dairy allergy so we people want to cook for me, I always tell them not to use butter as most dont realize it contains milk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. These look delicious. Will have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, those look yummy. Sending this to a friend who's gluten free. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't made waffles in ages. I should take my waffle maker out and make some this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious and I've been looking for a quick and easy recipes for breakfast in the past couple days, your post is on time and might try this, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love waffles and would love to try out your gluten free recipe. Thanks much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those waffles look very nice.
    I might surpise the kids with them.
    Thet really wont know the difference

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waffles are my favorite! This is definitelty useful. A friend of mine is allergic to gluten, so this is a great option for her to have waffles. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love waffles. I Love these are gluten free and I bet it taste just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! Homemade waffles are THE BEST! We have a waffle iron at home but have not used it in years! Maybe that's something we'll have to do this Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a really good point about being careful to avoid cross-contamination of equipment! I would not have thought of that with my waffle iron!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love waffles at our house! None of us have a gluten intolerance, but I have a few friends who do so it's always good to have recipes on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg these waffles look delicious and they're homemade omg!!! I am so gonna make them this weekend, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love to have breakfast for dinner and right now, I am tempting to make these and enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love waffles but have not made any with gluten free flour. I will love to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an awesome option to make waffles that are GF! I know someone who need GF so I will share this with her!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love waffles - but have never tried them with jam, or as a sandwich before so these are some good suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that this is gluten free. They look so fluffy and perfect. I have to bookmark this.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love waffles. Need to try these out for sure! We make waffles all the time

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have a waffle maker I never use. This is the perfect recipe to inspire me to pull it out of the cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yum this looks so good!! I love making waffles and waffle sandwiches!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish I had a waffle maker, I have to find one here in Japan because I missing making waffles.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is a true delight for me, so please don`t be shy.