Diplomat cake with fruits



This amazing diplomat cake is one of my favorites. This recipe has been in my family as long as I`ve known myself. This is a cake that it`s made of a basic cake, a cream, and fruits. There are lots of possible combinations, and I know many recipes for this cake. But this one is my favorite. Last week was my birthday and Saturday I had some friends over. I made this cake and everyone loved it. 


  
  This recipe is a little bit harder, but if you pay attention to the recipe and my tips, I`m sure you can handle it, and your cake will be amazing.

  First, you have to bake the basic cake. I already posted this recipe, so all the ingredients and tips are here. 

For the cream, you need the following ingredients:

  • 5 eggs (6 if they`re small)
  • 250 gr sugar
  • 2 spoons vanilla sugar
  • zest of 1 orange
  • 500 ml milk
  • 30 gr gelatine
  • 500 gr liquid whipped cream
  • vanilla or rum essence (just a few drops)
You also need fruits for this cake. I made the cake with oranges (you need about 2-3 oranges) and kiwi (about 3-4).

After you make the basic cake, let it cool and cut it in two round pieces. 


   Put all the following ingredients in a pot and mingle them well: the eggs, sugar, vanilla sugar and the zest from 1 orange. Mingle well all the ingredients until the sugar starts melting (disappearing). 



When it`s done, add slowly the 500 ml milk (the milk has to be warm). Put the pot on the stove and keep mingling until the cream boils. You have to be careful here. You don`t need to boil the cream. When you see that it starts boiling, turn off the stove. You don`t want to overboil the cream, it won`t be good then. 


Put the gelatine in some hot water (2-3 spoons). And mingle until the gelatine dissolves. If it doesn`t, you can put it on the stove for a little time, until you make sure that the gelatine is dissolved in the water. Then, add the hot gelatine to the hot cream you made before.

While you let this cream cold, beat up the whipped cream. Beat it up really good.


When the cream is cold,  mingle it with the whipped cream.


Peel off the oranges and the kiwi. Then cut then in round slices.



Now, get a round pot, it should be as big as your basic cake is. On the bottom and the edges, put transparent foil (the one you use for food). 


On the bottom and on the edges of the pot, start putting the fruits. You can put as many fruits as you want. Just make sure they stick well to the foil. 


Put half of the cream on the fruits, and arrange it a little bit.


Now, on the top of the cream, put one piece of the basic cake.


At this point, you can moist a little the cake. Put in a cup 100 ml water, and add some vanilla extract, rum extract or just a spoon of vanilla sugar. Be sure you mingle it well, and with a spoon, put some of the liquid on the cake. You can put as much as you want. I use 100 ml water for both pieces of the cake. 


Now put the other half of the cream. 


And the other half of the basic cake. After you put the other second half of the basic cake, use again the spoon to moist it with the liquid you made. 


Look at the picture above. That is how your diplomat cake should look at this point. Before you can taste it, you need to put it in the fridge for at least 6 hours. I left it a little bit more, but 6 hours the cake needs to stay in the fridge.

When the timed passed, take a round platter, and put in on the pot. All you have to do is turn the pot (with the platter on top) upside down. Your cake should come out without any problem. Take down slowly the foil, and your diplomat cake is done. 


Basically, you can use any fruits that you want. This combination is my favorite one. I will post more recipes with different combinations as soon as I have the occasion to actually make them. I`ll show you some pics of my diplomat cake with fruits below.







Linking up with some great parties, come and join us! See them right here.




43 comments :

  1. This looks really good. I have never had a diplomat cake before but it sounds delicious! I love trying new things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try it out. I`m sure you will like it :)

      Delete
  2. i don't use kiwi enough in any application, but this one is super special! what a beautiful masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the step by step photos, what a beautiful cake! Congratulations, I'm nominating your blog for a Liebster Award! Check out my blog www.pearlsplusgirls.com for details! ~ Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Katie. I`m heading over your blog now :)

      Delete
  4. So delicius looking! Will try it out as soon as I can - congrats on yr award too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. And it tastes delicious :) Thank you Gattina

      Delete
  6. This cake looks super delicious and moist! I think fruit are the best cake decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won`t lie Laura, tha cake is super delicious :) And with fruits, it`s a great combination :)

      Delete
  7. This cake looks incredible, and a little difficult, but worth it :D
    YUM!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool! I bet it tastes amazing! Pinned! Thank you for being part of our party. Please stop by Tuesday morning and share one of your incredible creations. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/ Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Kimberly! I will definitly stop by Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how delish looking and recipe to create your own ~ great post ~ xoxo

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. good you are using Kiwi fruit, they look so refreshing. ( Original fruit from New Zealan.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! I've never heard of a diplomat cake. Looks like a lot of work! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh looks delicious -and no bake! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks delicious ! I prefer to eat it then make it, lol !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gattina, it`s more fun to eat it after you make it :)

      Delete
  16. Way too complicated for me....but fun to read through!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a lot of work, but it sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! It looks delicious! Yum! ...Wonder why they call a diplomat cake... Maybe because so much work goes into it...

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks absolutely delicious!

    I'd love to have a giant slice of that right now!

    Thanks for linking this delight to the letter D.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a delicious looking cake! I wish I could reach through the screen and take a bite!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks delicious. I have to try it. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a pretty cake, Cris! Your step by step instructions are so helpful too. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe with us at Hearth and Soul.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks so delicious and I really like the design you've created with those kiwis and oranges. Pinning for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks delicious and so pretty! I will definitely pin to make this treat this summer! #fdflinkparty

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks lovely! I have never heard of Diplomat cake. Thank you for sharing at Link It Up Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks really pretty, a perfect summer cake. Thank you for sharing the recipe at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is a true delight for me, so please don`t be shy.