No Bake Salami Cake with Chocolate and Coconut


      This super delicious no-bake cake has been one of my favorites since I know myself. As a child, my mother had to make this cake every holiday, with no exception.  As a grown-up, I don`t make it so often, but it`s still one of my favorites.


It`s an easy recipe, and the good thing is that if you`re planning to make it for a holiday, you can make it a few days ahead. It stores perfectly in the fridge, for about 5 days.

The ingredients you need for the chocolate layer are:



  • 1.5 kg simple biscuits/crackers
  • 1 kg sugar
  • 1 l. water
  • 6 spoons cocoa
  • 500 gr butter



For the white layer, you need:


  • 500 gr butter
  • 250 gr powdered sugar
  • 200 gr coconut.





    First, we prepare the chocolate layer.  Use a hand-mill to crumble the biscuits. Then, boil the water with the sugar, until the sugar is melted. Meanwhile, put 500 gr butter (cut into small pieces), and add it to the biscuits. 


   When the sugar is melted, pour it onto the biscuits. And now you have to mingle everything very well. I recommend doing this with your own hands. It`s easier to mix everything well. Make sure that the butter is fully melted before you stop. I know this doesn`t sound very appealing, but it`s the best way you can do it.
    For the coconut layer, put all the ingredient together and mix it well using a wooden spoon.


     From this recipe, you should have 5 rolls. This depends on how big you want to make them. So make sure you split evenly both compositions, depending on how many rolls you want to make. I used those normal plastic transparent bags (the ones I use to put sandwiches in). I cut them on both sides, so I had a rectangle shaped bag. 

Now, moving on assembling the cake. First, you put the chocolate layer. This might be a little hard to spread all around, but make sure you water a little your hands. In this way, it will b easier. Try to make a rectangular shape so it will look more nicely when you will roll it up.  And then, spread out the coconut composition, using the wooden spoon. 

Just roll up your delicious salami cake. Make sure you roll it up tight and tie up the ends using thread or whatever comes in handy to you. 




And now comes the hardest part (at least for me). You have to put the rolls in the fridge for at least 10 hours. I usually don`t resist so much, so after a couple of hours, I have to taste it :) Although, if you don`t leave it enough in the fridge, it will be very difficult to cut it. Trust me, been there, done that!




What do you think about this delicious cake? Would you give it a try? Don`t forget to pin/share if you like it!


I`m linking up with these great parties, come and join us.

54 comments :

  1. Whaaaaat!!!! A cake I don't need to bake. YES!!!! That totally works for me Cristina. Anything that involves a stove or an oven is bad news when it comes to me so I'm going try this one and surprise my daughter :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These remind me of a pinwheel cookie, as they have a chocolate and a white layer. Delicious with coffee I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds wonderful and anything no-bake is great for this summer weather, as my husband is forbidding me to turn on the oven...Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds easy and yummy! I would love to try it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so yummy.. I will definitely give it a try, for this - ingredients are seems not that expensive and most of all I don't need to bake. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds amazing! I'm going to have to give it a go, especially since I don't have to bake it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm amazed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a
    blog that's both educative and entertaining, and
    let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is something not enough people are speaking intelligently about.
    I'm very happy I stumbled across this during my search for something regarding this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is fantastic. I really want to make them now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello. remarkable job. I did not expect this. This is
    a splendid story. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I visit each day some blogs and websites to read posts,
    but this weblog gives quality based posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember when I was younger I used to eat something very similar to this.. So many memories, and this looks so good! :) Need to start developing my cooking skill more. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you know we have a traditional no-bake Salame al Cioccolato in Italy, too? It's slightly different and I used to make it all the time, but it involves egg yolk (raw eggs, for that matter) and I came up with a Vegan version that is as good as the original ^.^ Oh yeah I agree, waiting for it to harden in the fridge is always the hardest part :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea! Thanks for the info, I will look up Salame al Cioccolato :)

      Delete
  13. This looks so good and a cake I would love to make. I don't bake usually so this one would be a cake my whole family would enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This cake looks too good to be a no bake. It is amazing that it needs no baking, perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! Sounds delicious! I may have to try it one day! I wish my Pinterest was working for I could pin it :/

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this looks so tasty <3 and so handy you do not have to bake it as well. i should definitely give this a try

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks rather tasty. I'm a fan of all things chocolate, so I need to make this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This post is very nice. This sounds amazing!Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks delish and so easy to make. I'll save your recipe for later. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omg yum! This looks so easy to make and it looks so good! I'm all about no bake recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks so delicious. I never knew a cake could be prepared this way, I will try it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It sounds great -- except for the coconut. No one in my family is a fan of coconut so I would have to find a substitute or maybe try without it. Have you ever done that? Would it work without the coconut? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can substitute the coconut with nuts,hazelnuts, almonds. The taste will still be amazing!

      Delete
  23. This actually looks easy enough so that I can even make it. (and I'm terrible in the kitchen) Looks delicious too. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a tasty looking cake! I'd definitely love a slice of that and will have to give making it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yeah a no bake cake is really tempting especially that it is easy to make. The 10 hour wait though might be grueling for us. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey, this is a perfect snack for my school kids. I love to do this for them. thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow this is an interesting cake. I like the concept that it is no bake!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This cake looks so delicious and I will give it a try soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have seen similar recipes but never with coconut. Looks so good, I have to try some day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! That looks so yummylicious! I would love to try that. My daughter loves cake I’m sure she will like that. But the ingredients like coconut just hard to find as I don’t see a grated coconut in the grocery here unlike when I am still in the Philippines coconut is everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  31. It doesn't look very difficult but definitely tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This sounds like something my kids would really like! I'll have to make them one this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gosh! This looks delicious and super easy! Would try to make this this week!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This sounds like it would taste lovely and looks really easy to make. But, sadly I am allergic to coconut so it wouldn't go down well with me x

    ReplyDelete
  35. This cake
    Sounds super yummy I have to give it a try !

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very tasty cake. This home made cake is good for health also

    ReplyDelete
  37. This no bake cake sounds and looks like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Where was this for the summer, lol. Love the no bake part.

    ReplyDelete
  39. That looks delicious! Reminds me of rye bread with the marble design hehe
    - Nicole S

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is entirely new specusp of the cake. I didn't herh this till now. Thank you i m gonna try it.

    ReplyDelete
  41. OMG! This recipe is so delicious and your pictures are just making me more hungry!
    Thank you and I am surely going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  42. My husband would love to try this! He is my little baker anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  43. This looks yummy! I will try this recipe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  44. i never heard the term "salami cake" before. interesting. also, any suggestions for alternatives to coconut?

    Joy at www.thejoyousliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. wow great help to keep this cake made at home.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I gotta bookmark this website it seems extremely helpful very useful

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Cristina, To be honest, It's a very delicious recipe. I will give a copy to my wife.Hope she will also like this

    ReplyDelete
  48. The cake looks so yummy! May i taste one please? 😊

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is a true delight for me, so please don`t be shy.