No Bake Salami Cake with Chocolate and Coconut


      This super delicious no bake cake has been one of my favorites since I know myself. As a child, my mother had to make this cake every holiday, with no exception.  As a grown up, I don`t make it so often, but it`s still one of my favorites.


It`s an easy recipe, and the good thing is that if you`re planning to make it for a holiday, you can make it a few days ahead. It stores perfectly in the fridge, for about 5 days.

The ingredients you need for the chocolate layer are:



  • 1.5 kg simple biscuits/crackers
  • 1 kg sugar
  • 1 l. water
  • 6 spoons cocoa
  • 500 gr butter



For the white layer, you need:


  • 500 gr butter
  • 250 gr powdered sugar
  • 200 gr coconut.





    First, we prepare the chocolate layer.  Use a hand-mill to crumble the biscuits. Then, boil the water with the sugar, until the sugar is melted. Meanwhile, put 500 gr butter (cut into small pieces), and add it to the biscuits. 
   When the sugar is melted, pour it onto the biscuits. And now you have to mingle everything very well. I recommend doing this with your own hands. It`s easier to mix everything well. Make sure that the butter is fully melted before you stop. I know this doesn`t sound very appealing, but it`s the best way you can do it.
    For the coconut layer, put all the ingredient together and mix it well using a wooden spoon.


     From this recipe, you should have 5 rolls. This depends on how big you want to make them. So make sure you split evenly both compositions, depending on how many rolls you want to make. I used those normal plastic transparent bags (the ones I use to put sandwiches in). I cut them on both sides, so I had a rectangle shaped bag. 

Now, moving on assembling the cake. First, you put the chocolate layer. This might be a little hard to spread all around, but make sure you water a little your hands. In this way, it will b easier. Try to make a rectangular shape so it will look more nicely when you will roll it up.  And then, spread out the coconut composition, using the wooden spoon. 

Just roll up your delicious salami cake. Make sure you roll it up tight and tie up the ends using thread or whatever comes in handy to you. 




And now comes the hardest part (at least for me). You have to put the rolls in the fridge for at least 10 hours. I usually don`t resist so much, so after a couple of hours, I have to taste it :) Although, if you don`t leave it enough in the fridge, it will be very difficult to cut it. Trust me, been there, done that!




What do you think about this delicious cake? Would you give it a try? Don`t forget to pin/share if you like it!


I`m linking up with these great parties, come and join us:

Sweet Inspiration Link Party

Nifty Thrifty Sunday

Happiness is Homemade

Silver Pennies Sundays

Smell Good Sunday

A Round Tuit

Inspire Me Monday

Motivational Monday

Bee Party

Really Crafty Link Party

Heart and Soul Link Party

Meet Up Monday

Show and Share

Project Inspired Link Party

















5 comments :

  1. Whaaaaat!!!! A cake I don't need to bake. YES!!!! That totally works for me Cristina. Anything that involves a stove or an oven is bad news when it comes to me so I'm going try this one and surprise my daughter :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you like it Michelle. :)

      Delete
  2. These remind me of a pinwheel cookie, as they have a chocolate and a white layer. Delicious with coffee I bet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Leanna, it`s delicious with coffee!

      Delete
  3. It sounds wonderful and anything no-bake is great for this summer weather, as my husband is forbidding me to turn on the oven...Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is a true delight for me, so please don`t be shy.