How to bake a perfect cake

   This is a tip post, inspired by my own mistake. I recently made a Ferrero Rocher cake. And because I was in a hurry, and didn`t think so much, I used baking paper in the tray. And that was a big mistake.




    Nowadays there are so many ways for you to bake the perfect cake. But sometimes it`s just not your good day...And I think everyone can relate to that. Here is my example.




For this Ferrero Rocher cake, I used baking paper instead of baking spray, cooking spray or the old-fashioned way (butter/oil and flour). And as a result, my cake wasn`t as perfectly round as I hoped so.
So, my tip is this: if you want to bake a perfect round cake, don`t use baking paper. The baking paper can work perfectly if you bake a square or rectangle cake. But not so much for a round one.

Sometimes it`s better to use the old fashioned way. Grease the tray really good with some oil or butter, and then pour some flour on it. You have to shake a little bit the tray, in orde for the flour to stick in everywhere, and then you can shake out the excess of flour.

What about you? What tips do you have to bake the perfect cake?




Join us for these great link parties.

Show & Share

16 comments :

  1. I wish I could bake a cake, any cake, round, square would be fine. I just don't seem to have any luck what so ever in the kitchen. I'll pas your advice on to my daughter though, she's the baker in our house. Thanks Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always struggle at the end of the baking time . . . is it REALLY done in the middle???? So I watch it carefully, hoping to nab it from the oven just before it starts to scorch . . .
    Not a very good system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cristina, any time I feel it might be a good idea to put baking paper in a round tin, I just cut a circle to fit the bottom. Much better results. I'm eager to check out your Hungarian noodle cake on my next break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great tip. I wonder why I never thought about it :)

      Delete
  4. There are some great tips in this post, Cristina! And I do as Jean does, although I'm able to get pre-cut circles of baking paper for round tins. They come in multi-packs over here in the UK. Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Hearth and Soul - it's a wonderful way for us all to learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn`t see these pre-cut circles of baking paper in our markets. Those would make things easier :)

      Delete
  5. Great tip! It's hard to bake a perfect cake, and I can never seem to get them just right without being too or misshapen! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for posting to the #fandayfriday link party! Hope you got some great traffic from the party this week hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the grease and flour method for a normal cake. The only other advice I would add is when your baking anything with baking powder. Is place it in the oven as soon as it is mixed sufficiently, don't give the baking powder any extra time on the counter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always have problems with round cakes. Thank you for sharing you tip at Ravenwould!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a good tip - I like that you shared your mistake, because that's how we can all learn from it. Thanks for sharing with Awesome Life Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynda. I`m not a proffessional baker, so I make mistakes. And I really love that other learn from them too!

      Delete
  10. I like to use butter and then instead of coating the pan with flour I use granulated sugar. It leaves a nice crunchy coating on the cake. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a great idea! Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  11. Sometimes I just use the baking paper on the bottom of the cake mold, cut to size. It doesn't affect the shape of the cake and it makes it so much easier to separate the cake from the mold. Thank you for sharing your tips at The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is a true delight for me, so please don`t be shy.