Homemade Spanish Sangria!



   I was invited by Carole to participate to a Spanish food party on her blog. My biggest problem is that I`m now very familiar with the Spanish cuisine. But I do have some cousins who live is Spain, and I did learn something from them : how to make the delicious drink Sangria!


    Let me tell you a few words about this drink. Sangria is a Spanish drink, and it`s basicly made of wine, chopped fruits and a small amount of brandy. There are lots of recipes for Sangria, and they are usualy diferent depending on what fruits they include. You can make Sangria with lemon, lime, oranges, apples, peaches, berries. And also instead of the brandy, you can use just some mineral water or other liquids like Sprite or 7up.
   For my recipe, here is what you need:

  • 1 l sweet red wine
  • 1/2 sliced lemon 
  • 1 sliced orange 
  • 1 sliced apple
  • 1 sliced peach
  • 1/2 sliced pear
  • 3-4 spoons sugar
  • 330 ml Sprite, 7up, Fanta (lemon or orange)
  • 75 ml mineral water
  • 150 ml rum
  You can mix your ingredients in a carafe for wine, or in a simple pot from your kitchen. About the wine, it`s better if you use a Spanish one. I used my own homemade wine, and the result was still great!
   Put all the ingredients (except for the Sprite and the mineral water) in the pot, and mingle it a little with a wooden spoon. 

  Then, put it in the fridge and let it cool for about 2-3 hours. When you take it out from the fridge, add the juice, the water and it`s done.
Sangria should be served with ice. You can also put the fruits in the cups, or don`t. It`s your choise. Enjoy :)
















2 comments :

  1. How nice of you to give me a mention! Love the sangria too. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good sangria, this sounds delightful :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is a true delight for me, so please don`t be shy.