Pear cake


   I don`t really know why I have`nt posted yet any recipes with fruits. I like cakes with fruits, not just like, I love them. So, for today, I will give you my recipe for this delicious cake with pears.
This is what you need:



Cloves

To get ready the pears you need:  
- 3 big pears
- 750 ml white wine
- 250 gr sugar
- 4 small cloves
- 3 stars of anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks


Anise
   
   All these ingredients are to make your pears taste great. If you don`t want to put so many ingredients, you can just use cinnamon, wine and sugar, but I`m telling you, the taste won`t be the same.
  So, first cut the pears in two. Then, put the in a souce pan, adding the wine, sugar, cloves, anise and cinnamon. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes. When it`s done, take out the pears and let them cool. In the remaining liquid add about 500 ml water, and let it boil, until it`s reduced by half. Now you have a sauce that you can use after the cake is done.

    For the cake itself, you need:
Cardamon
- 200 gr butter
- 200 gr sugar
- 4 eggs                                         
- 200 gr flour
- 8 pieces of cardamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 90 gr dark chocolate
- a pinch of salt

   Mix the butter with the sugar, until it`s creamy. Add the eggs one by one, until you added them all, mixing well. Add the flour, the baking soda, the cardamon and the salt. Mingle it well. At this point, you can use a wooden spoon/spatula. Put the composition in the tray and submerge the pears with stems left out. Leave it bake for about 40 minutes. 
  
  Melt the chocolate in a bain marie and put it on the top of the cake. I for one, like to sprinkle some flaked almonds on top. It looks really nice.

   And when you slice the cake, you can put some of that siroup that you made after the pears were ready. What can I say more? Enjoy





No comments :

Post a Comment

Each and every comment is a true delight for me, so please don`t be shy.